12/12/2011

My New Dodge Journey-Electronic Miracle!

fx
Journey-Passenger Side
Passenger side view
Journey-Liftgate
Liftgate
Journey-Top View
Journey-Caravan Comparison
Journey-Caravan Side
Journey Front View
Click any Image to Enlarge
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – December 12 –
We picked up our new Dodge Journey, which was filled with surprises. It is an electronic miracle! It is keyless and the controls are electronic. The first thing we had to do was learn how to start it. It was necessary to have the fob [1] on your person, step on the brake pedal, and then hit the start button. When the start button is pushed, the starter doesn’t engage immediately. There’s a slight pause, and all of a sudden, the motor is running. When you walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket, you can open the door. If you don’t have the fob, it won’t open.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see how there could be big problems. I looked in the owner's manual to try to find out how to open the liftgate, and I had to do a search on the computer to find out how to do it.
I wanted to preset a station on the radio, and it looked like "go" should be clicked to do it. Well, "go" was a dead link, and when I clicked on "radio" it locked the station in.
I was just doing normal things, and the "warning" turn signals came on. After half an hour, I found out that there are two screens, and I was using the wrong one, to do that.
I’ll never like the center console, but I’ll tolerate it.
It has seventeen inch aluminum wheels.
My bother priced a 2010 Journey, and it was more than my brand new one!
 
[1] Small electronic device


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.