12/02/2011

Home Remedies

fx
LittleFawn Bugs
Click to Enlarge
Image Courtesy of WoundedKnee
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – December 2 –
Sally, Newsvine moderator, has a seed posted about athletes drinking pickle juice.

Pickle juice helps athletes stay hydrated, according to a new study.
I went to a boarding school in high school and the school nurse provided a mixture of whiskey, lemon, and honey for sore throats. My granddaughter is a registered nurse, and she said that honey is good for sore throats.
Last year I had a bad experience with a nyquil like product. It made me sicker. I’m guessing that the pain reliever was responsible.
At any rate, here’s the recipe for honey, whiskey, and lemon, home remedy.
Sore Throat
4 oz 120 ml water
1 ½ oz 45 ml whiskey
¾ oz 22 ml honey
1 slice lemon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.